Selected individuals will partner with our continuous improvement coordinator and internal trainer to create documents outlined standard operating procedures for the equipment on the manufacturing floor along with step by step video instructions using our internal software. Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Intern is responsible for learning the manufacturing processes to develop standard work checklists for the different work areas. S/He will demonstrate their proficiency in the creation of standard work instructions.
This is a PAID internship $12-$14 per hour. Leclerc has asked the intern to work a min. of 20 hours per week. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview of what the intern, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Collaborate with the production operators to learn the equipment and processes in each area;
- Create standard work checklist;
- Review with Production Manager for any edits or revisions;
- Must work in a safe manner following all GMPs;
- Provide ideas for improvements related to the production area;
- Create SOP's for all production equipment/products
- Create POKA guides to outline the SOP steps
- Currently enrolled at EMCC;
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Have basic computer skills
- Demonstrates good organization skills and attention to detail.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other computer based application (I pad, One Note, SAP, etc.);
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Ability to work independently, and maintain a safe work environment;
- Excellent manual dexterity; Strong physical endurance; ability to lift up to 50lbs;
- Excellent community skills (English & Spanish is a PLUS)
- Must wear steal toed shows on the production floor
- Must be professional and punctual