Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring several Writing Student Learning Facilitator I positions to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace. This position provides in-person tutoring for writing in various subject areas in the Center for Writing Success.
- 90% Provides in-person tutoring to students in the Center for Writing Success; works with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
- 10% Provides student status and recommendations to the supervisor; assist with workshops, class presentations and other student success activities; other duties as assigned
- Successful completion (grade of “A”) in ENG101 and ENG102
- Experience using MS Word for editing documents
- Effective communication skills
- Patient and respectful of varying levels of student writing ability
- Successful completion (grade of “A”) in CRW or ENH or CPD or RDG course
- Experience providing quality service in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of instructional methods used at EMCC
- Experience handling confidential information
- Please include a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.
- Please include unofficial transcripts in application. Applications without transcripts will be classified as incomplete.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
- Position open until filled.
- Incumbents to begin in Spring 2018 semester.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.