Interns will assist with instruction and general procedures in a K-5 (elementary) classroom. Gain hands on experience in lesson planning, implementation and adaptation to meet the needs of different learning styles. Learn how to set and monitor behavioral expectations during classroom instruction and transitions.
This is a UNPAID internship that may qualify for the WIRCCS Scholarship, which means potential of compensation. The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 10-20 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Lesson planning
- Lesson implementation
- Monitor behavioral expectations
- Monitor students during lunch time.
- Currently enrolled in Estrella Mountain
- Preferably in an educational training program
- Maintain a min of a 2.5 GPA
- Ability to multitask
- Maintains composure and patience during high stress times
- Reliable and on time.