Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) and Southwest Skill Center (SWSC) is hiring multiple part time Medical Assistant Instructor(s). Day and evening opportunities are available, schedules will be determined once candidates are selected. The instructor will work under the learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) where learning happens anytime, anyway, any place.
50% Instructs students in the use of proper techniques and procedures according to the prescribed competencies by the SWSC; utilizes active learning techniques in the classroom; reviews students’ work, evaluates their progress, and assesses their performance; ensures curriculum is current with industry standards; works with professional organizations associated with the relevant area of instruction; perpetually improves instructional methodology; develop curriculum, assess student learning and participate in program reviews; attend various Skill Center and/or District meetings; acts as a resource on applicable program advisory councils.
40% Actively participates and helps in the curriculum development process. Maintains accurate records of students’ progress and attendance in the fashion prescribed by SWSC policies; responds to requests for student information in an effective and timely fashion; identifies problems and makes recommendations for improvement through corrective action.
5% Continually develops and refines syllabi and lesson plans to improve student success and preparedness for work; actively participates and helps in the curriculum development process; determines quality resources and materials needed to meet course requirements as needed within established budget
5% Maintains program supplies and equipment inventory; monitors inventory levels and recommends equipment and supply orders within the program budget; assures all equipment is clean and in working order; obtains expert level knowledge regarding the use of all equipment. Maintains office hours; keeps current and accurate records of students' progress and attendance; responds to requests for student information in an effective and timely fashion; identifies problems and makes recommendations for improvement; performs other duties commensurate to the grade position.
1. Medical Assisting Industry Work Experience
2. Credentialed in good standing in medical assisting, by an organization whose credentialing exam is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
3. One (1) year teaching experience in postsecondary and/or career and technical education and/or trainer.
4. EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community College or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire
1. Associate’s degree or higher.
2. Three (3) years of employment in a healthcare facility as a Medical Assistant
3. Two (2) or more year teaching experience in postsecondary and/or career and technical education
4. Two (2) of more years of experience developing curriculum
Please upload your cover letter, resume and copy of current Medical Assisting Certification when applying
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.