32-bit Microcontroller division at Microchip Technology is looking for a talented and motivated Software Engineer intern to join our team for programming.
Microchip technology provides conducive learning environment for electrical and computer engineering interns/co-ops with a high conversion rate to full time jobs after the graduation. Interns/Co-op at Microchip get unique opportunities to be part of technically challenging SoC development through various phases at advanced process technologies and advanced microcontroller architectures.
The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 20 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Assist the design engineering staff on C and assembler coding of low level device drivers for IP, chip level initialization, and tests for pre-silicon validation of the next 32-bit microcontrollers.
- Assist the emulation engineering staff with pre-silicon validation on advanced FPGA platforms.
- Work on improving the design automation scripts for different flows of the SoC design
- Work on writing new technical documentation or improving the existing documentation
- Have familiarity with C/Assembly language programming
- Have familiarity with Object Oriented Programming techniques.
- Have familiarity with scripting and automation skills - Linux shell scripting, Perl, Tcl, Makefile and revision management
- Able to write good technical documentation
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, good presentation skills and ability to excel in a team environment
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must currently be enrolled at an accredited University obtaining a BS or MS Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Must be 18 years or older