PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO Wendy K. Dolan, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com
Interviews scheduled for August 9, 2017.
The Statistical Analysis Center (SAC) serves as the research arm of the Arizona Criminal Justice Commission. The SAC is responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting on the state of criminal justice issues in Arizona by evaluating programs and policies as required by statute and requested by the Commission. The SAC contributes to statewide criminal justice policy and practice by providing statistical research and analyses of the criminal justice system in Arizona.
The SAC intern will have the opportunity to work with staff on a wide array of criminal justice research projects, most notably, the Arizona Youth Survey. The Arizona Youth Survey (AYS) is a biennial school-based survey of 8th, 10th and 12th-grade students in Arizona.
List the internship duties, activities and projects.:
The SAC intern's primary focus will be assisting staff with the administration duties of the Arizona Youth Survey (AYS). Also, the SAC Intern will have exposure to a variety of criminal justice data collected by the SAC, state, and local criminal justice agencies. The SAC Intern will have the opportunity to develop and enhance their research, data analysis, and writing skills.
Additionally, the Arizona Criminal Justice Commission (ACJC) is continuing to expand its presence on-line. The SAC Intern will assist the team in the data and information validation on the ACJC website, using the appropriate web application format. The SAC Intern will also assist the department in researching the latest evidence-based practices in criminal justice and prevention.
ACJC Interns will have opportunities to interact with other state and local criminal justice agencies and exposed to a variety of criminal justice activities.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Currently enrolled at EMCC with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA
- Able to work 16 hours per week
• Proficient in Microsoft Office such as Outlook, Word and Excel
• Familiarity with conducting academic research
• Competent in compiling criminal justice-related data/information from the internet
• Knowledge of criminal justice issues and programs
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Exposure to SPSS and/or STATA software, is preferred