COLLECTING APPLICATIONS NOW UNTIL FILLED!
Paid internship working with USDA scientist on his LIDAR project that would go from August to the end of December. We need someone willing to work in the field with computers and instruments, but this intern also should be willing to work at a computer to process data as part of this internship. This internship is in the city of Maricopa at our U.S Dept. of Agriculture research facility. We do have existing vanpools that run from Glendale, Tempe, Phoenix and East Valley. Prefer a fulltime employee from August through December, but could use employee 20 - 40 hours per week.
Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
Work with field surveying instruments like LIDAR.
- Current EMCC Student with a 2.5 GPA or approval from SWSC instructor
- Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Computer skills: basic spreadsheet, text editing, knowledge of C, knowledge of C++ highly desirable, knowledge of scripting language such as R, Matlab, Python
- Skill translating math and physics algorithms to code.
- Able and willing to work with instruments and computers in a field environment
- Work in office setting to process collected data.
- Prefer an individual that is enthusiastic about doing research, open to new techniques and interested in science.