The City of Avondale Neighborhood and Family Services Department has an opening for a Neighborhood Revitalization intern at the Avondale Community Center.
The Neighborhood and Family Services Department was created in 2006 to support and nurture the development of families and the neighborhoods in which they live. The goal of the department is to enhance the quality of life and sense of community experienced by residents and families in Avondale's many neighborhoods. The department includes: Revitalization, Code Enforcement, Family Services, Youth Development Services, and Housing and Community Development.
The Neighborhood Revitalization intern will work under the direction of the Neighborhood Revitalization Manager within the City of Avondale Neighborhood and Family Services Department. Activities will generally be tailored to urban planning/community development activities; however as needs arise- intern may have opportunity to interact with other divisions in the department.
The company has asked that the intern work for 20 hours per week . Hours are flexible, depending on the student’s schedule. This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
- Assist with the development of four neighborhood action plans
- Assist with property redevelopment activities
- Non-profit development research
- Maintain commercial property database
- Develop marketing materials
Student Intern Should:
- Be a current EMCC student with a min of 2.5 GPA or SWSC Instructor approval
- Be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Be Federal Work Study eligible to be paid
- Public Administration and/or Urban Planning background.
- Strong interest in community development and community outreach.
- Analytical; good communicator and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to pass a background check in order to be accepted into this internship