Program begins on September 19th and ends on November 7th! Applications due August 28th!
The Avondale Police Department's Citizen Police Academy (CPA) is a program designed to provide an inside look at the Police Department and law enforcement operations. The CPA is designed to provide interns with an overview of the operations and resources of the Avondale Police Department. The goal of the CPA is to provide a greater awareness and understanding of law enforcement's role in the Avondale community. This is excellent exposure for students in the career path of law enforcement. Interns must be able to attend 4 hours a week, for one evening a week.
Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
Interns will receive an overall introduction to the following areas:
- Intro of the Command Staff/Personnel/ Chain of Command
- Crime Analysis
- Southwest Family Advocacy Center
- Use of Force
- Special Assignments SWAT/CAT/SRO/Street Crimes/Gangs
- Criminal Investigations
- Investigate a mock homicide crime scene
- Interact with various business owners, students and citizens living within the west valley.
- Must be enrolled at EMCC
- Must have or maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Must be at least 20 years of age at the start of CPA
- Successfully complete a local records and motor vehicle records check
- Be willing to interact in a positive manner with other CPA participants
- Must attend all session of the CPA in order to graduate from the CPA.