Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) and Southwest Skill Center (SWSC) is hiring multiple part time Medical Billing and Coding Instructor(s). Day opportunities are available, schedules will be determined once candidates are selected. The instructor will work under the learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) where learning happens anytime, anyway, any place.
50% Instructs students in the use of proper techniques and procedures according to the prescribed competencies by the SWSC; utilizes active learning techniques in the classroom; reviews students’ work, evaluates their progress, and assesses their performance; ensures curriculum is current with industry standards; works with professional organizations associated with the relevant area of instruction; perpetually improves instructional methodology; develop curriculum, assess student learning and participate in program reviews; attend various Skill Center and/or District meetings; acts as a resource on applicable program advisory councils.
40% Actively participates and helps in the curriculum development process. Maintains accurate records of students’ progress and attendance in the fashion prescribed by SWSC policies; responds to requests for student information in an effective and timely fashion; identifies problems and makes recommendations for improvement through corrective action.
5% Continually develops and refines syllabi and lesson plans to improve student success and preparedness for work; actively participates and helps in the curriculum development process; determines quality resources and materials needed to meet course requirements as needed within established budget.
5% Maintains program supplies recommends supply orders within the program budget; Maintains office hours; keeps current and accurate records of students' progress and attendance; responds to requests for student information in an effective and timely fashion; identifies problems and makes recommendations for improvement; performs other duties commensurate to the grade position.
1. Five (5) years experience as a physician-based biller and/or coder or Bachelors degree plus three years work experience as a physician-based medical biller and/or coder, or an Associate's degree or 64 semester hours and five (5) years work experience as a physician-based medical biller and/or coder
2. Minimum one (1) year experience teaching adults or one (1) year experience supervising or training health care professionals, or (1) year in a management/leadership role.
3. EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community College -- or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire
- Certification from a nationally recognized agency in Medical Billing and/or Coding
- Experience working in a health care setting
- Experience developing curriculum/instructional material
- Prior teaching experience
Please upload the following items when applying:
1. Cover letter
3. Copy of current certification from a natiionally recognized agency in Medical Billing and Coding
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.