Estrella Mountain Community College (EMCC) is hiring a Lab Technician to work under the learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) where learning happens anytime, anyway, any place. This position requires direct contact with Medical Assistant Instructor(s), and coaching Medical Assistant students on Back Office Skills and monitoring development and success of skills throughout Back office program.
65% - Offers constant guidance during the practical portion of Medical Assisting Class- coaching and observing students on proper techniques and skills once the instructor has taught the students new skills. example: blood draws and medication injections; keeps students engaged in a lab environment while following the established skills protocols; creates a positive and supportive educational climate for students to practice skills; uses direct and clear communication with students when coaching/signing off on skills; works with multiple students at a time during lab
25% - Prepares and maintains documentation and records associated with inventory: receipt and storage of property; conducts inventories and request supplies; performs other duties commensurate to grade level of position
10% - Performs a variety of routine duties for instructors, including tracking attendance and filing attendance sheets, grading homework, facilitating tests, assisting in coordinating/monitoring classroom activities
- Graduated from a Medical Assisting Program
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Current Healthcare Provider/CPR Professional Rescuer level
- Experience teaching, coaching or training adults
- Experience working with inventory/receipt and storage of medical/laboratory materials in a medical setting
- Experience with data entry and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Learning Management Software: Example: Canvas, Blackboard, Angel
- Two (2) years of experience working as a medical assistant within the last five (5) years.
Please upload the following items when applying:
1. Cover letter
3. Copy of current Medical Assisting Certification from a natiionally recognized agency
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.