The Phoenix Herpetological Society (PHS) is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Our mission is to promote conservation and preservation of native and non-native reptiles through education, rehabilitation, rescue, and relocation. Our reptile keeper internship program is aimed at supporting PHS's mission through helping with animal care, habitat maintenance, education programs, and outreach.
The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 10 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule.This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
Interns are routinely responsible for:
Cleaning Animal enclosures
Assisting with the special care of reptiles with medical issues
Helping at on and off site education events.
- Must be currently enrolled at EMCC
- Must maintain a min. of a 2.5 GPA
- Must be able to work 10 hours per week MINIMUM
- Must be mature and disciplined enough to handle working with and around reptiles of all size.
- Must be capable of representing PHS professionally whether at an offsite event or while working at the facility.
- Must be capable of working outside in various weather conditions.
- Preferred, prior reptile keeping experience.