The Phoenix Herpetological Society (PHS) is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Our mission is to promote conservation and preservation of native and non-native reptiles through education, rehabilitation, rescue, and relocation. Our reptile keeper internship program is aimed at supporting PHS's mission through helping with animal care, habitat maintenance, education programs, and outreach.
The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 10 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
Interns are routinely responsible for:
Cleaning Animal enclosures
Assisting with the special care of reptiles with medical issues
Helping at on and off site education events.
- Must be currently enrolled at EMCC
- Must maintain a min. of a 2.5 GPA
- Must be mature and disciplined enough to handle working with and around reptiles of all size.
- Must be capable of representing PHS professionally whether at an offsite event or while working at the facility.
- Must be capable of working outside in various weather conditions.
- Preferred, prior reptile keeping experience.