Intern will learn how to do bookkeeping and payroll using the Quickbooks software/on-line product. Intern will learn how to prepare sales tax reports. Intern will work with current staff accountant to learn all duties and functions.
The employer has asked the intern to work 20 hours per week as they are paying $15 an hour. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- Need to be able to use a computer, along with related software programs including Word, Excel and gmail.
- Learn how to enter data into the Quickbooks bookkeeping software.
- Go through receipts, books, records, bank statements, etc. to enter data into Quickbooks software or prepare an excel spreadsheet.
- Learn how to process payroll through Quickbooks, make weekly/monthly payroll tax deposits, prepare quarterly reports, W-2 forms, etc.
- Learn how to prepare sales tax reports for several types of business industries. Intern will learn directly from staff accountant with eight years experience on the job and a bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Must be a current EMCC student with a min of a 2.5 GPA
- Must be able to work 20 hours a week ($15 per hour)
- Must be enrolled in an associate degree program working towards Accounting/Finance
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must know how to use a computer.
- Must think and act quickly.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be a quick learner.