Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring Financial Aid Support Staff to work under a learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college). This position provides support and assistance while working in a highly regulated Financial Aid Office.
- 50%-Counsels current and prospective students regarding Financial Aid availability and policies to include: complex Federal policies and guidelines; provides daily customer service to include; walk-in students and incoming/outgoing calls
- 30%-Verifies completeness of documents submitted for Federal Aid.
- 10%-Maintains daily files to ensure accuracy and organization of existing files, including creating new files as needed
- 10%-Provides detailed customer service to students at enrollment services counter, other duties as assigned commensurate to grade level of position
- Applicants must be eligible for Federal Work Study
- Students must be enrolled and in at least six credits hours at EMCC for Spring 2018 or Fall 2018
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience communicating effectively in writing
- Experience interpreting and/or communicating regulations, policies and established guidelines
- Experience working with Microsoft Office or similar applications
- Experience working with or applying Student Financial Aid policies, practices and/or procedures
- Experience providing front-line customer service
- Demonstrated ability to produce documents with a high degree of accuracy
Applicants must be available to work opening shift OR closing shift.
This position will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin
Please include with your cover letter a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.