The City of Tolleson's Communications Department is seeking someone to visit local businesses and conduct interviews to write articles that could potentially be used as content in the City Newsletter and/or on the City's social media platforms. This internship would be ideal for someone interested in conducting interviews, editing submitted pieces, and writing articles.
Applicants must be currently enrolled at EMCC. If you wish to have assistance with any required materials (i.e. online application, resume, cover letter) please contact the Career and Transfer Center at 623-935-8740.
- Responsibilities include writing articles, interviewing people, editing
- Working with publisher to put together each issue of the digital publication, select images, curate content, identify information sources, and more
- Work with social media team to push out content via various channels
- Current EMCC student with a 2.5 GPA
- Able to commit to 10 hours per week
- Can commit to 1 semester (Fall/Spring)
- Must be fluent in English
- Have excellent writing skills, be creative, show initiative, and demonstrates professionalism.