Provide lab support for The STEAM Engine makerspace. and Math, Physics and Engineering labs.
Operate, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on makerspace tools. Help students, staff and faculty turn ideas into appropriate designs and then help them use the software and hardware tools needed for their design. Do math, physics and engineering lab preparation. Give tours and participate in STEAM outreach.
1. Experience with 3D Design software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, OnShape, Fusion 360, etc.).
2. Experience with computer data collection and analysis probeware (e.g. Vernier, Pasco, etc.)
3. The ability to be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision.
1. Associate's degree or equivalent in STEM-related courses/degrees.
2. Experience with 3D printing.
3. Experience with writing/modifying g-code.
- Work flexible schedule (hours and days) as needed.
- Learn how to operate and maintain a variety of machines and tools and associated software.
- Wear personal protection equipment and teach students to do so.
- Lift up to 50# to waist level and 25# to shoulder level.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.