The Bench Tech supports our internal staff and clients with day to day needs, Implement basic troubleshooting. You will learn and utilize our support ticketing system track and monitor issues to ensure a timely resolution, escalating issues as necessary. Thorough documentation of troubleshooting steps, conversations, and resolutions in the ticketing system will be required.Update documentation for new processes or broken processes as discovered in day-to-day duties.Support requests typically include printing, network/server access, desktop issues including virus/spyware attacks, and line-of-business application issues. Work with SmartPhones (iPhone, Android, etc.) and other technologies.
**This opportunity has the potential to become a paid opportunity up to $12 per hour dependent on experience.
The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 25 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
- This position is responsible for assisting our technicians with day to day internal IT support
- Guide new and existing customers with general IT support issues.
- Support issues typically include printing, network/server access, desktop issues including virus/spyware attacks, and line-of-business application issues.
- General Maintenance support, maintain inventory and update documentation.
- Currently enrolled EMCC student
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Able to work a min. of 25 hours per week
- Must be able configure, set-up, troubleshoot, and resolve a wide range of problems on Windows operating system platforms; and working knowledge of personal computers, networking (Switches, Firewalls, TCP/IP Protocol is a plus)
- Successfully able to analyze and troubleshoot basic IT problems such as printing, mapped network drives/server access, various desktop issues
- Ability to read and follow (and modify) checklist documents for new computer setup, new email address, etc.
- Must have reliable transportation - a vehicle that you own or use on a daily basis
- Have a clear, friendly phone, verbal and written communications with the AZTW team and clients. No "geek speak"!
- Strong desire to learn systems and network engineering to advance your career
- Successfully resolving tickets by analyzing and troubleshooting to reach sound conclusions that solve the problem at the root and not just "put a bandage on it"
- Ability to "let go" and escalate up to next level technical tier when a sound resolution is not forth coming
- "Put your toys away after using them" - replace tools and equipment to their proper place after use
- Clearly document the steps taken to resolve issues and how to set up machines in our ticketing and documentation systems
- Be able to look for opportunities to assist AZTW team and clients by suggesting a different way to do things based of your experience
- Strong desire to take projects upon yourself and complete them