The City of Avondale, along with AmeriCorps VISTA is looking for an individual who is passionate about Crime Scene Investigation. The position would provide an opportunity to gain valuable experience working within our police department as a Property Crime Scene Technician. This position is supervised by Debbie Ray and one of Avondale’s ID Technicians. This program is designed for those students who are serious about gaining practical experience in the ID technician field.
Qualifying students will:
- Complete over 40 hours of classroom and practical experience in the field of property crime scene collection.
- Collecting DNA, fingerprints and photographing property crime scenes will provide that “hands on” experience needed.
- Students will learn various ways to write supplements and report writing.
- Background check may take up to two months to complete so students should apply by February 9th
- Monthly Stipend
- Housing Allowance
- College Fee Reimbursement
- Government Employment Credit
This position could potentially supervise other volunteers who are participating in the Volunteer Property Crime Scene Technician program.
- Must be currently enrolled in EMCC
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Able to work 40 hours per week (hours are
flexible around your school schedule)
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Currently enrolled at EMCC or a recent graduate
- Able to commit to 1 year of service
- Must qualify with AZPOST requirements
- Must be able to pass a background check