The Sanford Institute of Philanthropy is looking for an intern to assist in increasing the Institute’s impact in the nonprofit community through video development and production. We are looking for an innovative self-starter to join our team and share our messaging through video, social media, inbound marketing, and content development. This position will provide the opportunity for interns to build their portfolio with a variety of video experience. An intern in this position may also earn inbound certification from HubSpot during the course of their internship.
The position works within the area of Marketing and PR; work contacts include the Director of Communications and Business Development, administrators and staff, vendors and clients. Equipment includes: Macintosh computers with the Adobe Creative Suite, printers, scanners, digital cameras and microphones.
The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 8-20 hrs. per week and will be flexible with your EMCC schedule. Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
Once you have updated your resume and cover letter, please send your resume and any relevant work samples to Alex Coleman at email@example.com.
- Content development through video production and photography to showcase company and client training programs and successes.
- Interview subjects and write content to support company inbound marketing efforts and help build the company’s video content library.
- Optimize content for search engines and lead generation.
- Create, curate and post content on the company’s social media channels (optional).
- Earn Inbound Certification from HubSpot (optional).
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities for the internship. An example of this would be college-level coursework in video, public relations, journalism, mass communications, marketing or similar field.
- Currently enrolled at EMCC
- Have taken at least 25 credits (sophomore level)
- Ability to plan, produce and edit video for inbound marketing purposes.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite or similar computer applications.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media experience is a plus, but not required.
- Understanding of AP style and newswriting.
- Basic understanding news elements, newsroom operations and journalistic integrity.
- High standard of ethics, excellence and integrity.
- A passion for the nonprofit sector and the organizations that we serve.