Estrella Mountain is providing students the opportunity to serve as apprentice researchers collaborating in a faculty member's research project in a capacity that genuinely prepares them for further research involvement in STEM disciplines. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to do Undergraduate Research in one of the following areas:
- Wildlife research
- DNA studies
- Microbiology research
- Animal outreach (Animal Ambassador)
- Burrowing owl research
- And more...
We are looking for students who have a passion for the STEM field and who would love to get a head start on undergraduate research BEFORE they get to the university.
This is a PAID opportunity where selected students will receive a $1,000 stipend which will be split into 2 payments. The required application must include a resume and cover letter. You will need to state which area you are applying for in your cover letter. If you would like assistance with these documents, please visit or contact the Career and Transfer center at 623-935-8740 to schedule an appointment.
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Work directly with an EMCC faculty member to conduct research
- Collaborate with other STEM departments and students
- Create a research report describing research activities and the importance of these activities in regard to your pursuit of STEM degree.
- Full-time student at MCCCD (enrolled in at least 12 credits). All majors welcome and encouraged to apply.
- ***Must list all science courses on your resume!
- Have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA
- Must have BIO 181 or currently enrolled
- Pursuing a degree in a STEM field with anticipation of transferring to a university
- Current member, or willing to join, the student STEAM club (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math);
- Most importantly, interns must possess good interpersonal communication skills and a "team work" attitude