Interns will have the opportunity to get certifications from Fit Body Boot Camp (FBBC) in; coaching, nutrition, and Martin Rooney (coaching greatness) certification for FREE. Interns will have access to self development workshops, be part of an energetic and high performance team, learn the difference between be trainer and a great coach, get experience as a group coach, learn about form, learn about customer service, learn how to interact with clients, and MUCH MORE.
If you would like assistance with any of the required documents: online application, resume, AND cover letter, please visit the Career and Transfer Center. Or call 623-935-8740 to schedule an appointment. NOTE: All resume and cover letter assistance must be by appointment only, so start early!
Interns will go through a 6 week "curriculum" structured by FBBC:
Week 1: How To Be a Rockstar Coach Week 2: B.E.L.I.E.V.E.
Week 3: Coachability
Week 4: Understanding
Week 5: Emotional Temperature & Setting Goals, Level 1 - Position: Upsides, Downsides, and Behaviors
Week 6: Introduction - 5 Levels of Leadership,Level 1 - Position: Upsides, Downsides, and Behaviors
- Shadow coaches
- Correct clients forms
- Learn hoe to deliver the best training experience
- Learn about customer service and how to deliver at the highest standards
- Learn about team work
- Self development
- Be currently enrolled at any MCCCD college
- Have a min. of a 2.5 GPA
- Be interested in or currently studying kinesiology, exercise science, or any other related field
- Be a team player
- Be punctual
- Be a person that loves helping others
- Have a positive attitude
- Have a passion for fitness
- Have reliable transportation
- Be trustworthy.