Ever wonder how your STEM class contect is applied to the real world? NASA Community College Aerospace Scholars (NCAS) answers this question for you, a community colleget student, by having you go through multiple opportunities to connect your education to career opportunities.
Students pay only a $30 registration fee to attend the onsite experience. NASA provides ALL travel, lodging, and meals. NCAS helps students make the connection between a STEM degree and career opportunities.
Online Info Sessions:
Thursday, March 1, 2018 5-6PM: Central Time.
Link to Session: https://go.nasa.gov/2xaB2Dh
When prompted for your name please enter you first and last name and the college you attend. For example: Luke Skywalker – Dagobah Community College
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spend 5-weeks in an online course learning about NASA's missions and research
- Build relationships with similarly minded students
- Apply for a 4-day onsite experience at a NASA center, which includes immersing you in NASA's unique facilities, culture and diverse workforce
- Attend briefings by NASA engineers and scientists
- Prepare to participate in other competitive NASA projects, programs, and opportunities
- U.S. citizenship
- High school graduate or equivalent and at least 18 years of age
- Registered at a U.S. community college during the semester of the onsite workshop
- Concurrent enrollment or completion of 9+ hours of STEM coursework
- Able to commit to a 5 week online session
- Internet access
*Please note a non-refundable $30 fee will be collected for the onsite portion to cover materials.