We have multiple spots left! Apply today for your chance to receive a $1,000 scholarship!
EMCC’s Career & Transfer Center is offering students the opportunity to do an internship with a partnered organization to gain more experience in the many Engineering industries. Successful candidates will receive a scholarship for up to $1,000 to participate. Students will be able to participate in either Summer 2018 or Fall 2018. Students will have the ability to choose their top industry organizations to do the internship with. However, all students will be required to interview for their chosen companies. Keep in mind, spots are limited for each company! If for any reason the company does not select you, you will be placed at one of your top 2 or 3 choices. Please apply only ONCE with only your FIRST CHOICE (stated in your cover letter). If your are not selected for your first choice, you will be notified along with directions on how to apply for the second choice.
Successful candidates will receive a $1,000 scholarship for their full participation. *Students who do not complete their internship will NOT receive this scholarship.
The partnering organizations have asked all interns to work a min. of 10 hours per week for either summer or fall (must be a min. total of 80 hours). All companies will be flexible with your EMCC schedule (unless they pay you hourly, you will be requried to fulfill more hours per week).Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A or a recommendation from your SWSC instructor.
If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740.
Students will be able to learn general topics and tasks in a variety of engineering organizations. Below are descriptions of each organization that students can choose from:
City of Avondale Engineering Department - Avondale, AZ
- Learn about the City of Avondale Infrastructure and multiple engineering projects.
- Learn to solve engineering problems and acquire project and program management skills.
- Train in Civil and Mechanical Engineering systems with in the City of Avondale.
- Research best practices in order to solve City of Avondale project initiatives.
City of Goodyear Utilities Division OR Environmental Quality Department- Goodyear, AZ
- Assist with creation of periodic maintenance schedule for equipment
- Data collection and entry for asset management program
- Create workflows
- Assist with monitoring and obtaining water and wastewater compliance sampling
- Assist with inspections, survey review, and data entry for backflow device program
- Assist with inspections for Fats, Oils, Grease program
AXUS Technology-Chandler, AZ
- Safely use and understand hand tools, power tools, and test equipment
- Must be able to maintain detailed and accurate records
- Must be able to follow procedures
- Must be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Current EMCC student
- Min. of a 2.5 GPA
- Completed at least 6 credits in STEM
- Enrolled in Fall 2018 classes at EMCC
- Available to intern for a min. of 10 hours per week
- Interested in Engineering field including; Computer Systems, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Civil, etc.
- Complete Online Application (Apply Now button above)
- Complete Resume-general resume for engineering
- Complete Cover letter- addressed to the company you are applying for
*If you would like assistance with your application, resume, and cover letter please schedule an appointment with Hannah Samuelson in the Career & Transfer Center by calling 623-935-8740 or emailing Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org