For over 56 years Dysart Community Center has been committed to providing educational and developmental opportunities for children, youth and adults in the West Valley. Dysart Community Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established in 1962 by a group of twelve determined volunteers to provide basic health and educational resources to local families on the verge of poverty. Educating those in need was the priority for these volunteers and remains so today.
From its founding more than fifty years ago, Dysart Community Center has expanded its services to provide a variety of educational programs for thousands of West Valley residents in our local communities. Today we proudly serve our community with GD, ESL and citizenship courses for adults, after-school and summer care for youths and teens and access to various basic needs resources for families and individuals. We believe that by empowering our community through education while providing relief from various social economic stresses, we can play an important part in help in our community members reach the full potential of their character and capabilities
The intern will help with the youth education after-school program. Their imagination will help fuel interesting and innovative lesson plans. This internship will provide the opportunity of working with children ages 4 to 13. You will learn to understand diversity, physical, social, emotional, cognitive, linguistic development in a unique after-school setting. Classes are dedicated to homework support, arts & crafts, STEM projects, physical fitness, cooking and reading comprehension.
All training, materials and support are provided, you can select days and times that suit your schedule
Flexible times to suit Students -
This center hours are Mondays 1:00PM to 7:00PM AND Tuesday through Friday 3:30PM to 7:00PM.
- Assist in developing lesson plans for after school program
- Work with children ages 4 to 13 years of age
- Potentially assist youth participants with homework support, arts & crafts, STEM projects, physical fitness, cooking, reading comprehension, etc.
- Currently enrolled at EMCC
- Minimum 2.5 GPA.
- MUST Undergo background check (paid by Dysart)
- MUST Provide two references (can attached to your resume when you apply)
- Great communication skills
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to work with diverse populations
- Passionate about education
- Ability to work with children
**Please visit or call the Career and Transfer Center if you wish to get assistance with your application materials: 623-935-8740