The City of Avondale’s IT Department is excited to provide the first ever internship opportunity to 2 EMCC students for Summer 2018.
Intern(s) will be working closely with Avondale IT personnel in providing technical services and support related to general day to day PC/Laptop issues. Intern(s) will also assist staff with setup of new PCs/Laptops, repair equipment, and basic troubleshooting. The company has asked students to work approximately 15 hours per week and will be flexible with your school schedule.
Interns may qualify to receive up to $500 from the WIRRCS scholarship. Applicants must be continuing EMCC (enrolled in Fall 2018 courses) students and have a minimum of 2.5 G.P.A. If you would like assistance in preparing the required materials; cover letter, application and resume or in preparing for an interview, please contact the Career Center at 623.935.8740
This position will assist our Service Desk technicians with day to day IT support issues
Assist internal customers with general IT issues such as:
· General maintenance of PCs/Laptops
· Maintain inventory
· Create/update documentation
· Installation of software
· Assist with development of training material.
· Maintain a 2.5 G.P.A
· Ability to setup, configure, troubleshoot and resolve general computer/PC problems.
· Have exceptional customer service skills
· Strong interest in Information Technology Field of Study