Working under a learning college philosophy (www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) and placing learning first anyway, anyplace, anytime, Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring a welcome center technician to provide support and assistance to EMCC’S Welcome Center/Front Desk. The individual is expected to represent the college and interact with different departments, students, employees, and guests in a polite, helpful and professional manner. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, have excellent customer service and communication skills, previous administrative experience and must enjoy interacting with students, staff, and community.
75% Serves as Welcome Center/ front desk and college information for student services building; performs duties such as directing students to areas on campus, signs students in for various student services, answering Advisement department phone line, scheduling advisement appointments, and assist students with general information
15% data entry, copying, managing office supplies and forms, and maintain front desk and lobby area.
10% Assist with office projects
Provides quality customer service by phone, email and in person, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Applicants MUST be eligible for Federal Work-Study
- Students must be enrolled for FALL or SPRING semester and have all Financial Aid paperwork complete and on file with the EMCC Financial Aid Office.
- Must be a continuing EMCC student with a 2.5 minimum GPA. (completed at least 12 credits)
- Experience providing direct front-line customer service in person and/or by phone
- Experience using Microsoft Office or similar software for the purpose of creating documents
- Experience working in an office setting and providing administrative support to a diverse population
- Experience organizing and prioritizing work
- Strong PC skills with knowledge of word processing, database management, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Publisher, Internet
- Experience using online resources to assist students
- Experience or working knowledge of customer service on phones and in-person in an educational setting.
Position may require prolonged sitting in front of a computer monitor.
Please place your student ID number next to your name in the documents you are submitting.
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Learning College Letter of Interest
Please include with your cover letter a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.