Role: Event and Sponsorship Intern Department: Entertainment and Event Solutions
Pay Status: Unpaid Classification: (3) Intern Volunteers
Mentor: Events Specialists and Sales Coordinator Time Span: Flexible. 10-20 hrs/week (20-30 hrs during the month of October)
REQUIRED: Schedule a FREE Resume/Cover Letter Appointment at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center by calling 623-935-8740. After your appointment, you can apply to this internship via the "APPLY NOW" button at the top right corner. Due to the fast, upcoming deadline studenst will only have one chance to submit a complete application. If any applications are INCOMPLETE, those applications will not be sent to the employer for review & interview selection. So we highly encourage you to schedule resume/cover letter appointment as soon as possible. Act fast, spots do fill up quickly.
The Arizona Exposition and State Fair is looking for a motivated, outgoing individual to contribute to our Entertainment and Event Solutions team. This will be an amazing experience for the Event and Sponsorship Interns as they will have a hand in the and execution of the 2018 Arizona State Fair and additional summer interim events produced on the Arizona State Fairgrounds.
Interns will learn new skills and directly assist the Events Specialists and Sales Coordinator by taking ownership of a wide range of projects related to the field of Event Planning and Sponsorship. The Event and Sponsorship interns will have the opportunity to run the Community Stages for the Arizona State Fair from start to finish, including planning, organizing, emceeing sponsored stage events, managing staff, and being the main point of contact during the shows. The intern will participate in Entertainment and Event Solutions meetings, as well as attend meetings with clients. This internship is intended to be educational and will give the needed experience and skills to anyone looking to enter into Event Management and Sponsorship as a career.
Intern will Learn:
- Event planning
- Staff management and leadership skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Client management
- Event venue sales
- Sponsorship fulfillment
- Assist with onsite stage management of our 3 community stages
- Prepare credential packets for our performers
- Assist with managing specialty days at the Arizona State Fair such as Friends 55+ Day, Service Saturday, Kiwanis Kids Day or Univision Day
- Maintain community stage email correspondence
- Place applicants for Community Stage into performance spots on the Arizona State Fair schedule.
- Coordinate details for some of our specialty days at the Arizona State Fair (such as Friends 55+ Day, Service Saturday, Kiwanis Kids Day or Univision Day) through working with other Arizona State Fair departments
- Act as the Arizona State Fair’s point of contact for assigned performers
- Current EMCC Student studying or have an interest in Marketing, Sales, or Public Relations
- Have a min. of a 2.5 GPA
- Able to work a min. of 10-20 hours per week (20-30 hours in October)
- Adept at Google Suite, especially Google Sheets and Google Docs including knowing how to type well
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer Service Skills that will translate to working with guests of the Arizona State Fair, performers at the Arizona State Fair, and Arizona State Fair staff
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and excel in a busy, high pressure, always changing environment.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in front of a computer and must have excellent communication skills (i.e., communicate clearly and effectively in both written and spoken English). Must be able to stand for extended periods of time on the floor for up to 8 hours. Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 25 pounds - managing events and interacting with guests requires standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, bending and crawling as well as carrying and/or lifting materials.