Role: Marketing Intern Department: Entertainment and Event Solutions
Pay Status: Unpaid Classification: (3) Intern Volunteers
Mentor: Marketing Specialist Time Span: Flexible. 10-20 hrs/week (20-30 hrs during the month of October, all weekends during event)
REQUIRED: Schedule a FREE Resume/Cover Letter Appointment at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center by calling 623-935-8740. After your appointment, you can apply to this internship via the "APPLY NOW" button at the top right corner. Due to the fast, upcoming deadline studenst will only have one chance to submit a complete application. If any applications are INCOMPLETE, those applications will not be sent to the employer for review & interview selection. So we highly encourage you to schedule resume/cover letter appointment as soon as possible. Act fast, spots do fill up quickly.
Learn all about marketing the largest event in the State by directly supporting the Marketing Crew for both fair and seasonal events. If you’ve ever wondered how events come together, this is the ideal platform for you.
Interns will Learn:
- Learn marketing principles and how to target specific audiences
- Learn how to develop creative content
- Utilize social media to engage and a community of fans/followers online
- Coordinate event marketing and promotion for the Arizona State Fair across various social media platforms
- Collaborate with internal departments on projects and assignments
- Curating content on all agency social media channels
- Connect with influencers on social media accounts
- Coordinate and interact with media
- Coordinate social media accounts, including organizing cross-platform content strategies
- Develop new social media campaigns from the ground up, and considering sponsors’ needs and specific fulfillments
- Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and memes; then capitalize on those trends through social media accounts
- Assist with capturing and analyzing social media metrics
- Prepare post Event Recaps
● Working knowledge of Google Suites
● Ability to follow instructions and work independently
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Ambitious, positive attitude and a desire to build a career in PR, event planning, social media and/or digital marketing
● Understanding of the Public Relations field and eagerness to gain hands-on experience
● Excellent writing and editing skills with a great understanding of English grammar and language
● Demonstrated knowledge of social media networking, social content creation/curation, and working across multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
● Skills in presentation and interpersonal relations
● High level of professionalism and motivation to be on time and meet deadlines
● Prefers challenges, new ideas, future focus, fast pace and getting dirty
● Bilingual in Spanish is a plus!
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in front of a computer and must have good communication skills (i.e., communicate clearly and effectively in both written and spoken English). Must also be able to stand for extended periods of time which could include walking the fairgrounds several times a day. Must be able to see well and able to read fine print. Must be able to lift boxes weighing up to 10 pounds.