Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring a Learning Coach to work under a learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college). This position provides mentoring support and tutoring assistance to a student with a disability.
- One-on-one tutoring in a specific subject with a student with a disability.
- One-on-one mentoring with a student with a disability, including study strategies, goal setting strategies, time management strategies, etc.
- Follow communication plan as established by DRS Staff
- Students must be enrolled and in at least six (6) credits hours at EMCC for Fall 2018
- Experience working with and tutoring diverse populations
- Enrolled in the Education and/or Honors Program
- Experience working with and tutoring individuals with disabilities
- Successful completion of CIS105
Applicants must be available at the specific time requested above for the entire semester.
For questions please contact Disability Resources and Services
Please include with your cover letter a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.