The West Valley Arts was incorporated as the Cultural Arts Society West in 1969, and changed its name to the West Valley Fine Arts Council in 1989 to reflect a broader, more inclusive vision. It became the West Valley Arts (WVA) in 2004. WVAC has been central to creating what is recognized as a “high quality of life” for West Valley residents, and is the only multi-disciplinary arts organization of its type and scope in the Valley.
The purpose of the internship is to offer students and recent graduates meaningful work, educational experiences, and real-life practice in their field of study and/or interest.
Compensation: Benefits include a $500 stipend available at the end of each completed semester, the opportunity to gain great experience. This internship may also satisfy requirements for earning college credit. The ideal candidate would be available to intern for 2 semesters.
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
- Maintain call for artists, schedules, and hanging for rotating art exhibits in various West Valley locations
- Assist with day-to-day gallery and office administration operations
- Hang and assist with curating the exhibits
- Create information labels and signage for exhibits
- Work with marketing on publicity materials for exhibitions
- Arrange the return of artwork, ie. call/email artists
- Help with setting up/cleaning up exhibit receptions
- Data entry
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Current EMCC student
- Have a min. of a 2.5 GPA
- Hours are flexible and average approximately 15-20 hours per week.
- The ideal applicant would be available for two semesters
- Interested, have experience, or be studying Arts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer abilities
- Self-starter and ability to work well with others