As a community-based not-for-profit water and energy company, SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. SRP provides reliable, affordable water and power to more than 2 million people living in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. SRP has provided these essential resources for more than a century to meet the needs of customers and help the region grow. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
The demand for Cyber Security skills is high and to keep power operations safe and protected, SRP has created a Cyber Security Intern Rotation Program to develop key cyber security knowledge and skills specifically related to “critical infrastructure” assets and cyber security systems through formal education and on-the-job experience.
The program will provide participants the opportunity to gain broad exposure in areas such as:
- Cyber Security Services
- Power Delivery Systems Technology
- Regulatory Audit and Compliance
- Power Generation Services
Each rotation develops entry-level participants by advancing key cyber skills through on-the-job experience, while they attend a formal education program. Each rotation will be no longer than six months. The rotation pathway for each intern will be based on their areas of interest and determined by the Cyber Security Rotation Program Committee. The rotations may differ and evolve between interns to accommodate current cyber security needs at SRP.
Participants must complete required training and assigned activities and tasks. A mentor will be assigned from each department in the rotation to provide guidance and feedback to the intern as they complete their assigned activities and tasks to help them improve and support their success.
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
Intern candidate must be enrolled in a Cyber Security degree program and be actively enrolled in a minimum of six (6) college credits at all times, with preference given to Power Systems. Intern must remain enrolled in a Cyber Security degree program throughout their rotations.
Candidate must have completed a minimum of one year, college-level coursework and Pre-Requisite courses in:
- PPT120 – Energy Industry Fundamentals
- CIS271DB – Information Security Essentials
- CIS27DB – Information Security Principles
- Experience with Microsoft Office products Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Awareness of IT/OT systems and technologies, procedures development and technical environments
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Listens, consults others and communicates proactively
- Flexible attitude and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Attention to detail
- Awareness of IT systems and technologies, procedures development and technical environments
Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
This is a paid internship. Pay is determined based on the number of college-level credit hours completed with a Grade of “C” or better.
Candidates will need to submit their application and required documents by the close of business on Friday, September 7, 2018. Documentation requested below should be uploaded in additional documents on your candidate profile.
- Cover letter titled: Letter of Interest – should be no longer than two-single-sided pages or one double-sided page. It should explain why the candidate wants to be in the program and how they expect to benefit from it.
- Unofficial transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Three professional references