The Marketing and Communications department at EMCC is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist with our recruitment and retention efforts. This student worker/internship position is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing and communications while working for a well-respected academic institution.
All internships require an online application, resume, and a cover letter. If you would like assistance with your resume and cover letter, please schedule an appointment at the Career & Transfer Center by calling 623-935-8740 or calling firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
Potential responsibilities & may change dependent on the intern's skill set or goals.
- Draft news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Design flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material
- Update and maintain our social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting Facebook updates
- Assist in writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters
- Update the organization's website regularly
- Update the organization database
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for telling the EMCC story
- Current EMCC student
- Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Must be able to work a min. of 10 hours per week
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Preferably working toward a college in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in communications or organizing a plus
- Understanding of the basic principles of communciations
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design a plus
- Posses excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with community contacts
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization's mission