Successful CPA firm with over 10 years in business is seeking an honest, kind and talented numbers enthusiast to work with our clients.
As our Accounting Intern, you’ll play a critical role in ensuring all of our clients’ financial details are accurate and reported correctly.
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As a part of our team, your aptitude for figures and problem-solving skills will help us deliver outstanding service to our small business clientele.
- Your excellent work habits, reliability, and energy level will help keep our work-product flowing smoothly throughout the year.
- We interact with our clients on a frequent basis and your professionalism and helpful attitude will make a wonderful addition to our team!
- Assist with processing client financial information
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations and sales tax reports
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Assist with payroll processing, including preparation of payroll tax filings
- Take on additional client and administrative projects
- Prepare general correspondence and reports
- Current EMCC student
- Have and maintain a 3.3 GPA
- Must be able to work a min. of 15 hours per week, up to 30 hours per week
- Must have reliable transportation
- Highly organized and detailed oriented in nature.
- Punctual work ethic with a “can-do” mentality.
- Skilled with cloud applications and office technology.
- Understanding of sales tax rates
- Honesty and integrity are essential.
- Goal oriented, self-reliant, and professional.
- Demonstrate a great attitude and enthusiasm for helping others.
- Active learner who loves finding ways to improve your skills.
- Strong communications skills (written and spoken).
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout the day
- Prior tax or public accounting experience is a plus