URENCO USA is NOW accepting applications and resumes for the 2019 Summer Internship Program.
The URENCO USA Internship Program is designed to challenge and reward students on a number of different aspects. We encourage our interns to provide ideas and input that will have a direct and lasting impact on our company. At URENCO USA, we want our interns to challenge us!
Interns will apply academic theory, develop processes based on specific discipline, conduct research and perform analysis on assigned projects for departments supporting Operations, Compliance, Finance, Engineering, Human Resources, and Maintenance. Interns will develop recommended solutions for assigned work and present findings to the team, manager, or clients. Strong communications and interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively with diverse groups of people within the organization. An elegantly efficient process of performing simple to complex calculations associated with executing regulatory requirements, procedures, and guidelines is key to success.
If you have the opportunity to be a URENCO USA Intern you will have a hands-on learning experience designed to complement your college / university curriculum. You will work in a stimulating and collaborative environment where you will gain practical experience and exposure to diverse perspectives. Interns will have an opportunity to work side by side with URENCO USA employees and managers on special projects and have “real” impact on the company and their own learning experiences. Additionally, Interns will benefit from group activities designed to encourage teamwork and community service. At URENCO USA, the internship is not just another job; it’s a highly enriching life experience.
Our Hiring Process
We are accepting applications NOW through January 30, 2019. Our internship is highly competitive and will have different process stages during the application phase. After you submit your online application and upload your resume, you will receive a confirmation email. Add HRUUSA@urenco.com to your email address book to ensure our emails do not make it to your email junk or SPAM folders. We will maintain communication with you to keep you up-to-date with all application updates and may ask you for additional information during the upcoming months.
- May 2019 through August 2019 (11 weeks) internship program
- Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week for the duration of the program
- Plant located in Eunice, NM
- Supplementary group learning sessions
- One on one mentoring
- Opportunities for presentations and high level networking
- Paid Internship based on competitive market pay
- Company sponsored Housing & Utilities
Who We Hire
We accept applications from all majors. A diverse group of employees is needed for the success of the company, and because of this we offer many different internship opportunities in the areas of:
- Communications and Public Relations
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plant Maintenance
URENCO plays a key part in the nuclear industry by supplying the enrichment services our customers need to generate low-carbon nuclear power that is an important part of the world energy mix.
We’ve been enriching uranium, using world leading centrifuge technology, for more than 40 years and in that time the adoption of nuclear power has spread globally and next generation nuclear power stations have been built. Nuclear power continues to be key to the world’s energy mix.
Located in Eunice, New Mexico, URENCO USA is the first nuclear facility in 30 years to receive a license to construct and operate in the USA and is the first to use centrifuge technology. URENCO operates plants in the USA, Germany, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom, using URENCO’s world-leading centrifuge technology to enrich uranium for the use as a nuclear fuel for civil power generation. URENCO’s focus is on providing safe, cost effective and reliable uranium enrichment services within a framework of environmental, social, and corporate responsibility.
Candidate Requirements / Eligibility
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university
- Able to work ALL 11 (May through August) weeks of the internship program
- Must have completed at least two years in a college / or university setting prior to the start of the internship program (for example, you must be starting either your Junior or Senior year)
- Well-rounded individuals who have participated in a variety of extra-curricular activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and high energy
- Ability to start on the designated start date
- Must be organized, positive and have a professional demeanor
- Must be detail oriented and possess good time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office tools; databases – SAP
- Must be able to successful pass a security clearance, background verification and drug free screening process