Media Interns will work closely with Wildlife World's Director of Media Relations, Kristy Morcom assisting in Media Relations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to helping with on camera appearances, social media, research, press releases and communication.
Please include in your resume a list past or present membership in any zoological, conservation, humane or related organizations, your experience with animal care, exotic or domestic, including pets, employment and volunteer history and highest level of education.
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Media interns will be working both on and off the zoo grounds.
- Projects can include putting together content for media appearance, social media, events, press releases, marketing, signage and guide book.
- Current EMCC student
- Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Interested or majoring in graphic design, broadcasting, journalism, marketing, etc.
- Applicants must be at least 18-years old, and maintain a professional attitude and appearance as you are representing Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium & Safari Park.
- Dress code consists of khaki pants, black polo and closed-toe shoes, no sandals.
- Media Interns are REQUIRED to have reliable transportation and to be reliable and punctual in order to maintain good status.
- Failure to maintain good status will result in termination.
- Applicants must be comfortable around animals (including reptiles) and assisting in live media segments and events.
- Social media, journalism and broadcasting experience is preferred.
- Volunteer hours are typically in the morning on most days.
- Some mornings may start at 5am. Please list the # of days per week you would like to volunteer & days and times available (Saturdays are also available).