USDA is looking for a student interested in helping geneticists to implement and conduct breeding trials, assist in experimental design, layout and analysis, apply chemical and biological materials to manage insects and diseases and collect data from field and greenhouse. USDAs preference would be a students that could work at the facility at least 3 days per week (there is a west valley carpool) for approximately 20 hours for a one year commitment.
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
- Experience with operation of hydraulic machinery and other power equipment, or willing to learn.
- Seed quality and quantity tests and trials.
- Sorting, cleaning and store seeds inventories.
- Lab chemical test for oil and fatty acid profiles and seed quality.
- Student must have taken or be enrolled in BIO 181.
- Instructor recommendation is required (list instructor name and phone number in your online application).
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Maintain professional image and attitude, acting consistently as a representative of the organization.
- Demonstrate regular, predictable, and timely attendance.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Good work ethic