Internship Duration will take place from: May 10th to June 29th
What will you research? How to apply math and technology to fight crime.
How much math do you need to know? You need to have taken at least Calc 1 by the end of Fall 2018
This opportunity is only available to current EMCC students who have a min of a 2.5 GPA. This is a grant-funded initiative. You must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
This program will give you an edge over other graduates by preparing you to:
- Apply math and technology to data
- Organize scientific results into explanation that are easy to understand for general audiences
- Add scholarly work to your curriculum (each participant will create a digital poster suitable for conference presentation)
- Current EMCC student
- Must have completed Calc 1 by the end of Fall 2018
- Students must commit to meet 4 days a week during the summer (time TBD) and must work at least 5 hours per day