Working under a learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) and placing learning first anyway, anyplace, anytime. The person in this position will provide a variety of support services in EMCC Science Laboratories. The federal work study student will assist with the everyday running and maintenance of science labs. Other duties may be assigned as needed to support the vision of the college and science department.
- 25% Prepares solutions and microbiological culture media such as agar plates and broth test tubes
- 30% Running the autoclave, washing and sterilizing glassware
- 25% Restocking and cleaning labs
- 20% Other duties as assigned
- Student applicants must be eligible for Federal Work Study
- Students must be enrolled in at least 6 credits for Fall 2019 and have all Financial Aid paperwork complete and on file with the EMCC Financial Aid Office
- Evidence of past reliability (can be demonstrated in a letter from previous instructor)
- Evidence of ability to take direction and having a willingness to learn (cover letter)
- Have taken college level biology and/or chemistry classes
- Students looking to graduate with an associates in science
- Experience organizing and prioritizing work
- Exposure to chemicals, fumes, particulates and organisms that may present health hazards if not handled according to safety protocols are possible
- May have to lift up to 25 lbs.
Please place your Student ID number next to your name in the documents you are submitting.