Working under a learning college philosophy (https://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) and placing learning first anyway, anyplace, anytime. The person in this position will provide clerical and research assistance to this office. Student will be responsible for collecting, compiling and maintaining data for the department. Student will perform office support functions such as data entry, typing, filing, copying, answering phone calls, conducting phone surveys (phone service is a must) and preparing bulk mailings.
55% Collecting, compiling and maintaining data for the department.
35% Office support functions such as filing, copying, conducting phone surveys and preparing bulk mailings.
10% Provide quality customer service by telephone, email, and in person. Performing other duties as assigned.
- Student applicants must be eligible for Federal Work Study
- Students must be enrolled for Spring 2019 and have all Financial Aid paperwork complete and on file with the EMCC Financial Aid Office
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience providing direct front-line customer service in person and/or by phone
- Proficient in Math
- Demonstrate organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and have a willingness to learn
- Experience working in an office setting and providing administrative support to a diverse population
- Experience organizing and prioritizing work
- Strong PC skills with knowledge of word processing, database management, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet
Ability to sit for long periods of time working at the computer
May have to lift 25 lbs.
Please place your Student ID number next to your name in the documents you are submitting.
As part of the interview process, all will take a Microsoft Office skills assessment to demonstrate abilities in the use of Microsoft Excel 2016 and Word 2016. A mock phone session will also be conducted.
The individual is expected to represent the college and interact with different departments, students, employees, and guests in a polite, helpful and professional manner. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, have excellent customer service and communication skills.
The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.