The Phoenix Art Museum is offering a variety of PAID internships for Summer 2019. Below is a list of titles.
- Membership Services: Membership is one of the few departments that works with all Museum departments and directly
communicates with visitors/members. See a 360° view of Museum operations, including fundraising,
customer service, marketing/messaging, and programming. Experience with Adobe Photoshop is desirable.
- Digital Asset Management: Love databases? Detail-oriented? Assist the Digital Assets Manager with preserving and providing access to research materials for staff, docents and the public via ARTstor as well as The Museum System databse. Gain valuable archival and technical experience digitizing, cataloging, and processing image collections.
- Education-Family PogramsxTeen Art Council: Interested in informal education? The intern will gain hands-on experience in developing and executing a museum education program from start to finish and working with visitors from a variety of ages.
- Marketing-Advertising & Editorial: Are you looking for real-life marketing and communications experience? Are you a wordsmith? Does editing get you excited? Support the Marketing & Communications team and get an inside look at the production process for major Museum publications.
- Preparator: Looking for a "hands-on" internship? Support the exhibitions and museum preparatory team with handling, transport, and rehousing of collections.
- Volunteer & Visitor Services: Do you love getting to know new people? Are you curious about data? Support the museum's volunteer program by creating engaging opportunities and experiences for our dedicated volunteers and help the Volunteer Coordinator evaluate the Volunteer Program
Please review all duties for each internship on their website by clicking the "Apply Now" button.
- Internships are paid
- Internships are project-based and span all departments
- Internships are open to all majors
- Internships are part-time (160 total work hours)
- All interns receive a one-year membership at Phoenix Art Museum
- Current EMCC student
- Must have and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Must have reliable transporation
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds