As a Child Development Center Intern at Sojourner Center, you will have the opportunity to learn and apply knowledge about child development and early learning in a non-profit setting working with youth who have been impacted by trauma. You will work in a licensed childcare facility and receive training on domestic violence, trauma and other topics to assist in your internship role. Education or training in child development, early childhood education, psychology or other relevant majors. Preferred experience with ages birth to five, but not required.
Since 1977, Sojourner Center has been a safe haven from domestic violence for women and their children in Arizona. Since our founding, we have transformed lives by providing shelter and support services to more than 60,000 adults and children affected by domestic violence.
Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning activities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in the Child Development Center classrooms with children impacted by domestic violence/trauma
• Assist with youth groups and family activities
• Help develop curriculum/activities for Children & Youth program
• Observe and assist in residential programs to develop skills working with individuals impacted by domestic violence/human trafficking/trauma
• Complete other projects and tasks supporting children and families on campus, as applicable
- Current EMCC student
- Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Education, psychology, child edcuation, or other relevant majors
- Preferred experience working with ages 0-5 years old