As a Nutrition/Kitchen at Sojourner Center, you will have the opportunity to learn and apply knowledge about nutrition and meal planning in an emergency shelter setting. Since 1977, Sojourner Center has been a safe haven from domestic violence for women and their children in Arizona. Since our founding, we have transformed lives by providing shelter and support services to more than 60,000 adults and children affected by domestic violence.
Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
Learning activities may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Creating menus for shelter and Child Development Center, including identifying cultural needs and incorporating basic nutritional needs
• Research suppliers and donors for food and non-food items
• Build relationships with suppliers and donors
• Identify cost savings for the shelter kitchen
• Create an inventory system for kitchen supplies
- Current EMCC student
- Have and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Applicants should be studying the field of nutrition, dietetics, health or other applicable degree.
- Relevant work or internship experience is preferred, but not required.
- The student may need to do some heavy lifting and moving of food supplies.