Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring several Biology and Chemistry Student Learning Facilitator I positions to work under the Learning College Philosophy where learning happens anyway, anytime, anyplace. This position provides in-person and virtual tutoring for biology, chemistry and closely related courses in the Academic Success Center.
- 90% Provides tutoring (in-person as well as virtual) to students in the Science Success area of the Academic Success Center; works with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff
- 10% Provides student status and recommendations to the Program Coordinator; assist with workshops, class presentations and other student success activities; other duties as assigned
- Successful completion (grade of "A"or grade of "B" with instructor recommendation) in all biology or chemistry classes in which you will be tutoring. The ability to tutor a wide range of courses is preferred.
- Knowledge of instructional methods used at Estrella Mountain Community College among the science faculty.
- Good communication skills and the ability to help students understand complex material.
- Patient and respectful of varying levels of student content knowledge.
1. Strongly prefer applicants who have the ability to tutor a wide variety of different courses
2. Experience providing quality service in a fast-paced environment.
Employees will work in a remote and in-person environment depending on the needs of the student.
- Please include a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications.
- Applications without transcripts will be classified as incomplete and will be asked for upon interview.
- Positions are Federal Work Study applicable, FWS encouraged to apply.
- Must be available to attend training before the semester begins.
- Must be dependable and available during peak times throughout the semester.
- Positions open until filled.
- Work will begin in Spring 2024 semester.