Want to own your own restaurant someday? Is Hospitality Right for You? Then come and work side-by-side with Culinary Professionals to produce a from scratch menu. Great opportunity to test your skills and enhance your creativity. Work in a real world environment where excellence and productivity matter.
List the internship duties, activities and projects.:
Use your knife skills to help produce a "from scratch" menu. Preparation from basics to final plate. Understanding costs of running a small restaurant operation. We are looking for people who want to learn or know how to.....
- Cold Line production
- Hot Line production
- Menu Costing
- Developing Specials
·Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
·Prepare food for service, with minimal waste, or spoilage in a timely manner as determined by cook-time standards.
·Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
·Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
·Clean up station and take care of leftover food
·Stock inventory appropriately
·Ensure that meals are produced simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
·Comply with sanitation regulations and safety standards
·Maintain a positive and professional attitude with coworkers and customers
- Current EMCC Student
- Have a min. of a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Have reliable transportation
- Able to work a min. of 20 hours per week
- Capable of utilizing various cooking methods, ingredients, food production equipment and procedures consistent with recipes and portioning as determined by the Exec. Chef
- Able to work in the United States
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs, and work in a confined area with elevated temperatures.
- Able to work in a high speed, time sensitive environment
- Valid/Current Food Service Sanitation Education Certificate of Completion by an ANSI certified program.
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly