Phoenix Sister Cities, Inc. is proud to offer various internship opportunities throughout the year. We currently offer four internships. Internships are for a semester and occur in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Interns may be eligible for modest stipends and/or credit, depending on college policy and number of hours worked
The assistant to the Vice President is responsible for providing administrative support to the Vice President while completing projects that coincide with the needs of the organization. Duties include project management, designing promotional material, drafting correspondence and reports, research, and working with specific Capital Committees. PSC is looking for an organized individual who can multitask and meet deadlines. Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work independently and in a team, are necessary.
****Full and part-time internships are available; preference is for interns to work no less than 20 hours a week over a minimum of three days. Interns are also required to attend occasional evening meetings and have opportunities to attend committee events on the weekends. Applicants interested in serving as the Assistant to the Youth and Education Program Coordinator must have some weekend availability.
• Attend city committee hearings and record minutes
• Preparation for meetings with visiting international delegations
• Prepare itineraries and documentation for outbound delegations
• Assist in coordination of City Committee events and activities
• Develop collateral materials for City Committees
- Must be a current EMCC student with a GPA of a 2.5 or higher
- Must have reliable transportaion
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate
- Strong interest in nonprofit work, event management, international relations, economic development, communications, tourism, web design, municipal government, and public relations.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, attention to detail, organization skills, and willingness to learn.
- It is preferred that interns have some experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- The successful candidate must be organized with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines, and the ability to work independently and in a team, are necessary.