Phoenix Sister Cities, Inc. is proud to offer various internship opportunities throughout the year. We currently offer four internships. Internships are for a semester and occur in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Interns may be eligible for modest stipends and/or credit, depending on college policy and number of hours worked
The Marketing coordinator intern will assist the office on various communications and marketing projects. Duties include website development, social media, marketing materials for various projects. Applicants should have an academic background or previous experience in communications, marketing, public relations, research, writing, and/or international relations.
****Full and part-time internships are available; preference is for interns to work no less than 20 hours a week over a minimum of three days. Interns are also required to attend occasional evening meetings and have opportunities to attend committee events on the weekends. Applicants interested in serving as the Assistant to the Youth and Education Program Coordinator must have some weekend availability.
• Managing Phoenix Sister Cities social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) and website.
• Developing social media images, videos, and graphics to accompany content. Utilize Canva, Adobe Spark Post, Adobe Spark Video, and Animoto.
• Providing up-to-date and accurate information about the organization, events, and meetings.
• Developing and implementing marketing strategies.
- Must be a current EMCC student with a GPA of a 2.5 or higher
- Must have reliable transportaion
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate
- Strong interest in nonprofit work, event management, international relations, economic development, communications, tourism, web design, municipal government, and public relations.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, attention to detail, organization skills, and willingness to learn.
- It is preferred that interns have some experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- The successful candidate must be organized with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines, and the ability to work independently and in a team, are necessary.