Phoenix Sister Cities, Inc. is proud to offer various internship opportunities throughout the year. We currently offer four internships. Internships are for a semester and occur in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Interns may be eligible for modest stipends and/or credit, depending on college policy and number of hours worked
Phoenix Sister Cities runs three major programs which include the Phoenix Youth Ambassador Program, the Teach Abroad Program and the Phoenix-Taipei Sister Schools STEAM Pilot Program. The Youth and Education Program intern reports to the Youth and Education Manager and assists in facilitating the recruitment and application process for the programs.
****Full and part-time internships are available; preference is for interns to work no less than 20 hours a week over a minimum of three days. Interns are also required to attend occasional evening meetings and have opportunities to attend committee events on the weekends. Applicants interested in serving as the Assistant to the Youth and Education Program Coordinator must have some weekend availability.
Organize and present youth and education program marketing materials for social media platforms, newsletters, and websites.
• Administrative tasks to further the goals of the youth and education program.
• Coordinate alumni events aimed at providing ongoing opportunities for involvement and recruitment.
• Work closely with the youth and education manager to review applications, assist in interviews, attend academy sessions to prepare ambassadors for living abroad, help fundraise, and assist with departures and arrivals of youth ambassadors in the summer.
• Continue ongoing research about expanding the Teach Abroad program.
• Assist with Sister Schools STEAM pilot program.
- Must be a current EMCC student with a GPA of a 2.5 or higher
- Must have reliable transportaion
- Must be a current undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate
- Strong interest in nonprofit work, event management, international relations, economic development, communications, tourism, web design, municipal government, and public relations.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, attention to detail, organization skills, and willingness to learn.
- It is preferred that interns have some experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- The successful candidate must be organized with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines, and the ability to work independently and in a team, are necessary.