Working under a learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) and placing learning first anyway, anyplace, anytime, Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring a Student Worker for the Information Resources Department. This position will be responsible for assisting students, faculty, and staff with library resources while supporting a diverse population.
30% Circulation of library materials
30% Shelving materials
30% Cleaning and dusting shelves .
10% Answering telephone and directional questions
- Applicants must be eligible for Federal Work Study.
- Students must be enrolled for Fall 2019.
- Ability to reach all library shelving.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds
- Experience providing front-line customer service to a diverse population.
- Experience maintaining and balancing multiple work flows.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office or similar programs.
- Experience working with library circulation systems and/or catalogue systems.
- Library work experience.
- Experience handling confidential information
- Experience working in a team oriented environment
Must have effective listening skills and provide daily, on-going, customer service
Please place your student ID number next to your name in the documents you are submitting.
Please include with your cover letter a Letter of Interest detailing a summary of qualifications and a philosophy statement explaining how you in this role will support Estrella Mountain's Learning College initiative and student success. For more information about the Learning College Principles, please visit our Learning College site.