Each semester the Estrella Mountain Community College and Vitalant (formerly United Blood Services of Arizona) partner to host community blood drives. Blood Drive Interns will play a vital role in working with the EMCC community to promote blood drive events.
Benefits of Blood Drive Internship
- Enhance leadership and professional skills,
- Develop relationships with healthcare professional and enhance career development opportunities.
- Opprotunity to become familiar with the work of the blood donation service
- Tour Vitalant’s blood donation processing center in Scottsdale
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email email@example.com.
Blood Drive Interns will be involved in some, or all of the following:
- Learning about the work of the blood donor service
- Managing blood donor campaign on campus
- Assisting with marketing and recruitment of donors
- Scheduling donor appointments
- Educating their fellow students about the importance of supporting the blood donation service
- Other duties as needed
This Internship qualifies for Federal Work Study,students MUST check with Financial Aid for their FWS status. The work will be on the EMCC main campus, and under the guidance of a Department of Life Sciences faculty member. No prior experience needed.
- MUST be current EMCC students
- MUST have 2.5 GPA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Self-motivated. Willing to learn about the work of Vitalant.
- Capability to work with other people
Time commitment - 4 months, 3-5 hours per week during semester, with the possibility for additional hours on weeks prior to a blood drive. Flexible with your EMCC schedule'
- Morning availability is preferred.
- Would suit student in biology or related field.