As Marketing & Communications Intern, you will gain a broad range of experience in a variety of areas including (but not limited to) social media, fundraising, box office, media relations, event planning and promotion, administrative support, and special projects as assigned. Previous experience in these areas is a plus – but not required – as you will receive on-the-job training.
Ideal candidates for this internship include college students pursuing undergraduate degrees in areas such as Music, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Broadcasting or Journalism and/or students interested in learning about music business, the performing arts industry, event planning/management and non-profit administration.
The Phoenix Chorale is Arizona’s GRAMMY-winning a cappella choir. Along with local concert presentations each season across the Phoenix-metro area, the Phoenix Chorale can be heard on radio stations around the world. The Phoenix Chorale office is located along Roosevelt Row in downtown Phoenix (at the Roosevelt Arts District stop along the light rail – 100 West Roosevelt Street, Phoenix).
This opportunity is only available to Estrella Mountain Community College students. Applicants are REQUIRED to submit and online application, a resume, and a cover letter. Free resume/cover letter/mock interview assistance is available by appointment only at the EMCC Career & Transfer Center. To schedule your appointment please visit or call 623-935-8740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Phoenix Chorale Marketing & Communications Intern provides general support to administrative staff, gaining experience in the areas of patron services, concert operations, media relations, social media, fundraising, box office, event planning and promotion, administrative support and other special projects as assigned. This position reports directly to the President & CEO.
- Marketing – research and implement new marketing and social media applications as needed ranging from improving the website to patron communications; edit and proofread print and marketing materials including email blasts, print projects, etc.; coordinate video shoots for video trailers for YouTube channel (locations, interviews, schedule); get print quotes and coordinate print jobs; coordinate special promotions.
- Communications, Public Relations & Social Media – create social media plan for the semester for Twitter, Facebook, etc, create events, craft posts, tweets, etc. and manage social media pages and content; write blog posts and coordinate guest blog posts; manage and submit events on Facebook and other platforms; respond to media requests as needed; coordinate singer bios and headshots for season.
- Administrative & Box Office – answer office phone and process box office ticket orders; additional administrative duties as needed.
- Event Coordination – assist at concerts and special events including set up/tear down of concerts and events, represent organization at events, and work in box office at concerts
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written, proofreading, and verbal skills
• Strong typing and computer proficiency
• Music performance, office administration, reception, event planning, or social media experience a plus
- Must able to do 15+ hours per week
- Internship hours between 9am-4om
- Currently enrolled EMCC student
- 2.5 GPA requirement
- Reliable Transportation